Saturday, December 24, 2011

Vintage Handmade Stocking and A Great Big Merry Christmas!

Well, the stockings are all hung {or laid nicely on the couch} with care in the hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there!  I surely can't sleep knowing that Christmas is tomorrow so I wanted to show you the beautifully, hand stitched stocking my Grandma Rosie {aka Nonie} made me when I was born.  Each member of my family has one with a different scene and each is just as elaborate and gorgeous as the last.  I hate to call it vintage because it's exactly as old as me but let's face it - it's getting there.






I've had a difficult time making stockings for my own family.  Nothing I can do will ever match what Nonie did.  What a wonderful, talented woman!  I miss you Nonie!

______________


I hope each of you have a wonderful Holiday Season filled with joy, happiness, family, creativity and lots and lots of love!


Merry Christmas from The Cutts Family!


And if you're wondering... yes... this is the best family photo we got this year.
Sigh...
I long for the day when we have beautiful family photo but for now I'm just happy with what I've got.  
Crazy kids, a great husband and lots and lots of love.

Seasons Greetings to All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...