For over a year now, my sister-in-law, Jill Lemon, has been on a journey for better health. She's focused on fitness, diet and enhancing her lifestyle. She's worked hard and it has paid off. Jill looks amazing but more importantly she feels amazing.
She's started a new blog called Lemon Living, full of tips and tricks that she has used in her journey to better health and I'm happy to introduce you to that blog, Lemon Living.
In addition to exercise and better eating she has also discovered essential oils as a way to improve her health even more and has become a consultant for doTERRA oils. Now you need to understand something about Jill, she is not a person who wastes her time and money. She researches every purchase she makes and doesn't spend time doing things just for the sake of doing them or because it's the next best thing. So when she told me that she loved these oils and wanted to share them with others I sat up and took notice. These must be for reals because Jill wouldn't mess around with them if they weren't.
I was skeptical but she sent me a few samples which to my surprise I actually have enjoyed a lot. There are lots of ways that you can use these oils and they can help with a variety of ailments. Here are the samples she gave me and my experiences with them -
- Lavender: I used this on a patch of poison ivy I had on my arm. My ivy burn was close to healed when I started using the oil so I can't say that it "cured" my burn but it did make that patch's scar clear up a bit quicker than the other patches I had. My friend Mary also uses this as aroma when she cleans the floors and I plan to put a few drops in my carpet cleaner solution the next time I clean.
- Lemon: My husband had a major stomach ache a few days ago. He was complaining about being sick like only a man can do. I put two drops of lemon oil in a glass of water and made him take a sip. After only 5 minutes he was back to normal and even he had to admit that it really did make him feel better. I also plan to add this scent to my homemade cleaning supplies.
- Peppermint: Jill used to get migraines every day and since she started putting peppermint behind her ears every day. She hasn't had a migraine since she started doing this. I had a headache one day and I used the peppermint instead of Advil. I felt like it worked well. My daughter also complained of a headache one night. I put a drop on her forehead and she stopped complaining about the pain and started asking for candy because is smelled so good. Haha!
- Deep Blue: This is like a lotion with a mixture of a few different oils in it. It's supposed to help with things like sore muscles, bruises etc. I slept funny one night and my shoulder and neck were in so much pain I couldn't move them. I tried the Deep Blue and the pain was gone and I had mobility within minutes.
These are just a few examples of the uses for these oils there are hundreds more but these are the ones that have helped me in the past few weeks. I was skeptical at first but I really did like them and will be buying more in the future. You can find what oils are available and their uses HERE.
Now... who wants some free stuff??? I can sense you raising your hands behind those computer screens so let's get on with it.
Jill from Lemon Living is offering one lucky reader a doTERRA Introduction to Essential Oils Kit valued at $26.67. The giveaway is open to anyone in the US or Canada.
The doTERRA Introduction to Essential Oils Kit includes:
- an introductory audio CD and booklet
- 5 ml of Lavender
- 5 ml of Lemon
- 5 ml of Peppermint
Here's how you enter to win:
- Leave a comment on this post about essential oils. Have you used them before? What's your favorite? Are you skeptical? Do you have an ailment you hope they can fix? Do you make homemade soaps or lotions that could benefit from some delicious scent? Just leave a comment about anything and you're entered.
- BONUS ENTRIES just leave a separate comment for each one that you do to be entered multiple times. That's up to 8 chances to win!
The giveaway will be open for one week and a winner will be announced on Monday the 13th.
Thanks Jill for the awesome prize! Don't forget to visit her blog, Lemon Living and say hello!