Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Little Maverick

I'm still working on the tutorial for the Bubble Ruffle Tu-Tu but in the mean time let's get things a little more manly up in here.  Poor Jackson, along with all the little men in our lives, seems to be pushed aside when it comes to new clothes.  But not today!

Here is a cute little shirt I made for Jackson for Christmas.  It was so simple and easy and gets so many compliments {mostly from guys who think it's "cool"}.



How I made it:  I made a freezer paper stencil of aviator glasses.  I used my Cricut and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot program but you could just print an image directly to your freezer paper and cut out with an exacto knife.  I ironed it onto a plain white t-shirt.  I put cardboard inside the shirt to protect the back side and then painted inside the stencil with black paint {that I added just a little fabric medium to}.  Peeled off the freezer paper stencil and I was done.


Here he is at 15 months old watching a UAB Blazer basketball game on New Years Eve.  As you can see he is very serious about his basketball.  Literally his first words were "Daddy", "Mommy" and "Basketball".  I'm serious.  Sadly the little champ is built more for football.  Dad doesn't mind but I don't know if I can sit through endless football games for the rest of my life.  Lets keep our fingers crossed for a basketball kid shall we?


This is his "cheese" smile.  As you can see the proportion of the stencil on the shirt looks a little off.  That's because at this time the shirt was huge.  It's a 2T shirt.  Little Papa has beefed up a little since then and the proportion is much better.


Here he is at 18 months at the 103.7 the Q lounge where we got a mini concert and a meet and greet with Chris Rene {my favorite!} from X-Factor.  If you don't know him yet, you soon will, he's Simon Cowell and LA Reids newest musician.  I won a contest.  It's a long and wonderful story and I'll fill you in on the details later but can you see the shirt has a much better fit?  It will get even better as he gets bigger.

So what are you waiting for?  It's time to stop craft neglecting our boys.  It's t-shirt time baby!

If you're looking for other ideas for shirts you can check out Jacksons


and 


{This shirt is totally girly but you can easily man it up by not adding the pearl collar}

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...