Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ballet Teacher Appreciation Clip Board


Well, this weekend we wrapped up a whole years worth of ballet lesson with Maggie's 1st recital.  She had an adorable little solo and she just melted her mommy's heart.  It's a good thing she's always so confident because I was a nervous wreck.  She performed beautifully and I couldn't have been more proud.

Her teacher has done so much for her and I really wanted to make her something that she could use and something to remember Mags by.  My friend JJ had the clever idea of getting her a clipboard.  Perfect! 

She takes ballet at one of the large churches down here.  If you're not familiar with the south, theere are lots of large churches and most have preschool and school programs, rec centers, classes and more.  They are very similar to community centers.  We don't attend church here {we go HERE} but we love our time spent with our new friends.  Before each class the girls get together and sing a song called a ballerina prayer.  My favorite lyric of the song is 

"Make me a good ballerina Lord, 
I'll practice hard each day."




I wanted to include part of it on her clipboard.  I'll show you how I did the whole clipboard but first I just have to show you the sweetest little ballerina that ever lived.




She's just so sweet.  Looking at these pictures almost makes me forget that she drew all over the walls yesterday.  Almost.

Okay, so back to the clipboard -



How I did it:  I got the clipboard in a pack of 3 for $3 from Office Max.  You can also purchase them here on Amazon.  It was just that solid particle wood kind.  I sprayed all the metal parts with spray primer.  I then randomly painted brown spots and corners on it {I wanted it to look shabby chic}.  Once the brown paint was dry, I went over the spots with Vaseline.  On top of that I painted the whole thing pink.  Where the Vaseline was the pink paint didn't sick and I was able to wipe away the pink to reveal the brown.  I really liked the worn look it gave the board.

Once the pink dried I used my Cricut and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot program to create a stencil of her teachers name, along with the saying and a silhouette of a ballerina.  I was worried that the excessive rubbing of the top of the board would eventually rub the paint off so I tied some ribbon and rickrack to the top to finish it off.




A gift that is personalized but is also functional.  You really can do so many things with a clipboard for your children's coaches and teachers.  We are just so grateful for all the things Mrs. Andi taught Mags.

Okay I have to do it.  One more picture of the Magster in all of her ballerina cuteness -


Dad and brother gave her flowers and she was over the moon!

If you're looking for more ballet ideas be sure to check out

and


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...