Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall Fabric Hoops

Elizabeth finally called in a missing persons report on me.  I can NOT believe I haven't blogged in a month!  There was so much Halloween insanity on the Internet I'm sure y'all survived without me.  But I'm back!  Well, kind of.  You see my computer is broken.  Like, broken broken and I've had to share the lap top with my husband.  Between the Phd and Fantasy Football I don't get to use it much and when it's available I just want to nap.  I'm sure you'll forgive me.

I'll be doing lots of random catching up for a little while - just because the computer is broken doesn't mean I haven't been crafting away!



Today I want to show you my super simple fall decor.  The whole project took about 20 minutes to do.  It will take you 5 if you skip the applique.



Fall Fabric Hoops


I took a bunch of wooden embroidery hoops that my mom gave me and filled them with different fabrics from my scrap bins.  The whole project was free.  Yay.



The leaf is cut from a rust colored piece of wool felt.  I used the leaf pattern on the Disney character Cricut cartridge as a template.


The fall is an applique cut using the Plaintain School Book font cartridge.  I know that my machine can cut fabric but I am in the habbit of cutting out the letter/shape tracing it onto the Heat and Bond and then cutting it out by hand bedore I iron it on.

Here is a crummy picture of how I arranged them on my wall.  Nothing fancy, just simple hoops to remind me it's fall.


Here's how to make your own:

Step 1:  Pick out your fabrics and your hoops.  I used quilters cotton, burlap and wool felt.

Step 2:  Place the fabric in hoop.  For a permanent fix line the outside of the inner circle with a thin layer of glue.  I may have other plans for these hoops after fall is over so I did not add glue.


Step 3: Trim off excess.  And you're done.  Told you it was simple.


*If you plan of adding applique iron-ons, add the letter to the fabric first then place fabric in hoop.



1 comment:

  1. Love it Alicia! You're so creative! I forgive you for being MIA and I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...