Tuesday, October 23, 2012

COURAGE


 
 
When asked about a time that I needed Kleenex while watching my little athlete, I didn't need to think twice.  I had put my very hyperactive little girl in ballet several months beforehand and had gradually watched her change from a wild woman into a disciplined little lady.  She practiced and practiced for her big day and was so excited but also very nervous.  There was a lot of pressure.

We miraculously got all of her crazy hair into the perfect ballerina bun and she even got to wear a little make-up.  We hurriedly got her ready in the bathroom with all of the other girls but before we left I made her stop and look at her beautiful self in the mirror.  I wanted her to see that I thought she was the prettiest girl in the world and that I was so proud of her and all that she had accomplished and that no matter what we loved her so much.

 
 
 
She took her seat with all of her friends and before I took my seat to watch the show, I snapped this picture.  Her big beautiful eyes give away her fears, but that day she showed me what it meant to be brave.  She was scared but she stood up and danced and it was so beautiful, I cried and cried and cried.
 
I think she learned a lot that day about courage and strength.  Now that she knows how to face her fears she helps her little brother to overcome his as well.
 
 
The kids started gymnastics this year and Jackson loved the idea of doing "fwips" but he was scared.  It was his first time doing sports since he is just barely two and the support of his big sis was essential.  He looks up to her so much.  She knew how he felt and was there for him to show him that he could be brave and strong too.  I was so happy that I was there to capture this magical moment.  Not gonna' lie, I cried a little bit.
 
I think we can all learn a lot from the little athletes in our lives.  I know these two teach me something new every day!  I'm so proud of them and their courage!!
 
Do you have a little athlete you're proud of?  Do they show you how to be courageous?  Do they make you tear up or in my case bawl like a baby?  I just can't help it!!
 
 
 
Get a Kleenex custom oval BOGO until 11/15/12, just use the code PLAYOFFS at checkout on the Kleenex site.
 
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful. Loved those stories. I'm so proud of my kids too. One example I can think of now is Elsa. She has selective mutism, very shy. She had her first piano recital. She was nervous and so was I (for her), but she did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...