These muffins are really yummy. They also make good use of the last of the raisin bran box, you know, the broken little flakes at the bottom no one likes to eat. I got this recipe from the back of a box somewhere and have slightly altered it over the years. I make a large batch and what we don't eat the first day I put in the freezer. They are still moist and delicious even weeks later.
- 2 C. Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1 C. Milk
- 1/4 C. Vegetable oil (can substitute with apple sauce)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2-3 Medium Sized Apples, Small Dice
- 2 1/2 C. Flour
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 C. Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray muffin tins or use paper cups
- Combine: Cereal, milk, oil, eggs & vanilla. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine: Flour, sugar, powder, soda, salt, cinnamon. Add to wet mixture.
- Add apples and raisins.
- Pour into tins and bake for about 16-18 minutes*.
*Note: Baking time depends on many variables (pan size, oven, etc.). I never time my baked goods. To know if your muffins are ready, lightly touch the top of a muffin. If it gives some resistance and springs back, it is done.