Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oopsie Into Oohhhh!

Sometimes people say to me,

"How can you just make stuff up?  I'd be too afraid I'd make a mistake."

The best thing about creativity is it's okay to make mistakes!  Just figure out how to make them fabulous.  The thing I like most about creating is the problem solving journey, not just the finished product.

This card is one of those mistakes.


When I was first learning to use my Cricut I wanted to cut something out of black paper.  Well, I pressed the wrong button and out popped a black wedding cake.  Black?!?  No one has a black wedding cake.  But instead of chucking the cutout, I tried to figure out what in the world to do with it.  Why let it go to waste?  Then suddenly it hit me and the antiqued cake silhouette card was born. 

There's just something about it that makes me feel like I'm looking through all of my Grandmothers old things.  The best part?  It gave me a chance to take a picture using my gorgeous wedding dress as a backdrop.  Good to know that after all these years it still has a use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...