Monday, May 23, 2011

Dino Decorations

My kids share a room.  For over two years Mags has had her room decorated with birds.  I felt like Jackson had to have his own style.  Though the room will never make it to HGTV, I still enjoy making things for each child.  Here is the first decoration I created for baby Jack's theme - Dinosaurs!!


I was inspired by a wooden painting of a dinosaur in the Pottery Barn catalog.  I plan on doing a whole wall of different dinosaur and monogrammed things but so far this is my first piece. 

I hand drew the dinosaur using a pencil and then painted him in with some vibrant robins egg blue.  I added spots using a burnt red.  The "j" was created by cutting out a stencil with my Cricut.  Finally, I sanded the edges of the whole thing and dry brushed on the same red paint in an attempt to give it a rusty, aged look.  It will hang using an "alligator teeth" picture frame hanger that I will hammer to the back.  Can't wait to make more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...