Saturday, August 13, 2011

Roasted Tapatio Chick Peas

A few weeks ago I made these salt and vinegar chick peas from Oh She Glows.  I found the recipe on Pinterest.  They are amazing.  This is the kind of snack that calls to me at all hours of the day and night, begging to be eaten.  Since then I've been experimenting with different flavors and the best one by a landslide is Tapatio flavor!


Now, I haven't decided on who I'm going to vote for for president yet but I'm considering this guy -



Tapatio is the greatest thing ever invented.

I have a confession:
I eat a liter of this hot sauce every month.

{Cardiologists around the world are having strokes as they read this.}

I just can't help myself, its so delicious it belongs on everything.  And I mean everything.  If it makes you feel better, I've cut down.  I used to eat 2 liters a month.


Ready for the simple recipe??



Ingredients:
  • 1 can chick peas, drained
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • 1-2 tsp Tapatio hot sauce
Directions:
  1. Place chick peas in a baking dish (9x9 works well)
  2. Drizzle with olive oil and stir until all pieces are coated.
  3. Bake in oven at 400 F for 30 minutes, stirring the chick peas occasionally to make sure they don't burn on one side.
  4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with hot sauce, stir to make sure that the sauce coats the chick peas evenly.
  5. Place back in oven and cook additional 10-15 minutes until dark golden brown.
  6. Remove from oven again and toss more sauce on them.  They will be very hot and the sauce should bake right onto them without having to put them back into the oven.
  7. Let cool and enjoy!
  8. *** All ovens vary.  If they do not look like they are crisping up enough cook for longer.  But be aware that as they cool they will become slightly more crunchy. 
These are so crunchy, flavorful, and delicious with just the perfect amount of spice.  I store them in a container in my cupboard and it makes for a great snack packed with protein and of course, Tapatio!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...