Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Kaileigh Dress

Jenilyn from Grits & Giggles did it again!  She created a beautiful, classic little girls dress pattern that lends itself to be embellished and personalized to your hearts desire.  But the best part about this pattern is that it's a "two-fer"!  If you watched Fashion Star you'll know that a "two-fer" is Jessica Simpson's down home way of saying "two for the price of one".  That's right... this dress is reversible!


The dress is very easy to make.  It's just two pieces and because its reversible you don't have to worry about finishing your seams.  This is definitely a dress that a beginner sewer can whip together in no time.


I wanted to personalize my Kaileigh dress so I used this great green damasky fabric that was purchased a few years ago at Joann's.  I used navy bias tape to add a bow and trim to the bottom.


For the other side I used just plain white cotton and accented with more navy bias tape, green patterned pockets and a couple of teeny tiny white buttons.



Now let's see this dress in action -


Can you tell we're pretty excited about it?



The pattern is now available at Grits & Giggles Etsy shop.
You can view more examples of this dress HERE at Grits & Giggles.

It's a dress for every little girl.

You'll have to stay tuned because I'm planning on making the Magsters 4th of July dress using this same pattern.  Be sure to check out Mag's outfits of 4th of July past HERE.


5 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!! It is ADORABLE! I love the fabrics you chose and the accents! Seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I seriously love the fact that it is reversible.. can't get better than that!
    Thanks for joining in the under 300 followers blog hop..
    I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so cute! And your model is adorable. It looks awesome both ways. I'd love for you to join the party over at Etcetorize . Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable dress. It's darling. And I love that it is reversible.
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! Stopping by from Made by You linky party and your newest follower.
    Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/06/kids-roll-up-nap-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...