Sunday, July 29, 2012

I hope she... {thoughts on Skirting the Issue}

This month, Project Run & Play has been hosting an event asking people to make skirts to be delivered to girls in the foster system.  The skirt below is my donation.  It's a purple lined skirt with a sheer sparkly purple overlay.  The wrinkly picture does it no justice.  But my daughter calls it the princess dress and begs me to let her keep it, so I know some other little girl will love it too.

I keep thinking about that little girl.  How is this helping her?  "Sorry your parents aren't there and your life is so hard.  Here's a skirt."  I wish I could do more for her.  I wish I could take her into my home and make her part of my family.  I wish I could love her and protect her forever.  But I can't.  I'm not in a place in life where that is possible.  I wish I could take in all the children of the world but I can't do that either.
  

While I can't do these things, I can do this one thing.

So with this skirt I hope the message is sent to this precious little girl that she is loved.  That someone is thinking of her.  So I give this little skirt to you and send with it all my hopes for you.

I hope she...

feels like a princess,
is strong and confident,
stands up for what is right,
wears a smile.

I hope she...

feels loved,
loves others,
is kind,
works hard.

I hope she...

finds a place to call home,
is safe,
is happy,
feels peace.

I hope she...

can forgive,
can move forward,
can  build her future
and be the best she can be.

I hope she...

knows she's beautiful,
knows she's special,
knows she's worthy,
she's good enough.

I hope she...

knows that she's not alone.




3 comments:

  1. So they go to foster kids in Utah? I would love to do one or two, but this year is just too busy. (We just sold our house and should be moving soon). Maybe you could remind me if you do it next year. Are you one of the guest bloggers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words Alicia, when we were trying to have babies (ha! how things have changed!)we went through all of the foster care classes and got certified. We were just getting our house approved when the opportunity for IFV came. We told each other that if IVF didn't work, we'd put our hearts into Foster Care. I have such a soft spot now for those children in foster care...our classes were very informative and frankly heartbreaking. I want to be involved in some way some day. Love the skirt. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put into words how we feel....we can't take home every girl that needs a home (oh that we could) but we can do something.

    I have this quote on my wall: "I am only one, but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do"---Edward Everett Hale

    Thank you for participating...we appreciate you.
    liZ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...