Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

Just thought I would stop into the ol' blog today and share what I had for lunch with you.  I opened up the cupboards today, threw some foods together that I love and this tasty salad was born.  It is light and refreshing and filling at the same time.  The flavor combination was wonderful and the best news is it's only 152 calories per serving.  Yes.  Yes.  YES!


Ingredients:
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained
  • 1 cup spinach, chopped
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/8 cup feta cheese
  • olive oil, drizzle or about 1 TB
  • balsamic vinegar, drizzle or about 1 TB
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil, or fresh to taste
  • lemon pepper to taste
Directions:
  1.  Place all ingredients in a bowl and give it a good stir.  Eat right away or allow salad to marinate.

Serves: 4

This salad could not be easier and it's super good for you too!  Check out the nutritional information below - hello protein and vitamins! 

 
 
The nutritional information was determined through the app MyFitnessPal which I have on my iPod.  It's a great app to track your dietary intake, exercise and progress as well as communicate and get encouragement from your friends.  It also lets you put in your own recipes.  I love it.  I need to use it more often.  You'd be surprised at how many calories you actually eat in a day.  My sister-in-law lost a good amount of weight from using it and it has started her on a pathway to healthy living (which she chronicles over at Lemon Living).  I'm not paid to brag about the app.  I just think it's a really good resource for those trying to improve their health habits. If you have the app you can locate this recipe by searching for Mediterranean Chickpea Salad - The Creative Vault.

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night and we loved it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...