Friday, May 20, 2011

Creative Guest: My Mommy!

Today's my mothers birthday! 

You should love her.  I know I do! 

Her name is Marsha but you can also call her Grandma Nonie if you're under a certain age, you know like 4.  Well, Nonie spoils us rotten with her creations.  She's a knitter.  She's a crocheter.  She's a yarn addict.  My mom does mostly 3 things, work, talk to me on the phone and knit.  Knit, knit, knit.  And crochet. Let's not forget the crochet.  I'm constantly having to remind her that I live in Alabama and that in July the kids just can't wear the gorgeous sweaters she makes.  Luckily we do have winter, just not year round.  

Here is just a tiny sampling of some of the beutiful things she has made for us.


Gorgeous, soft blessing blanket. 

(The hand crocheted bonnet was my grandmothers, the dress my mothers and the shoes and socks, mine.)


One of many fun washcloths.  This is for my husband, the Canadian. 


Dinosaur blanket.  Don't you love the bright colors!?!




Seafoam green... can you say love? 





So sad this one no longer fits.  I'll just have to have another sweet boy so the sweater gets another life.


In case you didn't spot it right away, sister wants you to notice the adorable hat.

Nonie made the super cool hat.  My skills are limited to just the basic Harry Potter scarf.


Do you see how amazing this woman is?  I'm so glad she's my mom!  Happy Birthday Mommy!!  Hope it's the best yet.  I love you so much!  The yarns in the mail...

Oh yeah, and if you're on Ravelry (the social networking site and brag board for yarn lovers) you can check out even more of her handywork.  Her user name is "moboyle" so check her out!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom IS pretty cool! She even knitted Elsa some booties and a hat when she was born. They were so cute on her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...