Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mother's Day Personalized Washer Necklace

I love my kids.  I love being a mom.  I want everyone to know it.

I wore this proudly on Mother's Day.
How I did it -  You take hardware stamps and simply hammer whatever you want to say into a typical everyday washer.  You can buy these stamps at almost any hardware store but I've also seen them on Etsy and other places around the web.  The original intent for these stamps is to hammer your name on your tools so the neighbor has to retun them. 

I started to write the kids names on the bigger washer but I messed up pretty badly on the lettering.  Did I throw it away?  No.  Of course not.  I fixed it.  I covered the washer with mod podge and several layers of tissue paper in my favorite color.  I tied the cord around the big washer and then used Gorilla glue to attach the small washer.  To make the letters pop I used a permanent marker to fill in the crevaces, making sure to wipe of any eccess.

Now go make your own!  It will seriously take you less than 10 minutes to do.

2 comments:

  1. (Actually this is Patty, but Karl has the google account.)That is so cute! Unfortunately I'd need a pretty big washer to list my kids' names...
    Maybe we could do this for a family reunion craft - just last names or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have little metal disk charms you can buy. You could make a cute charm bracelet with a charm for each child.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...