Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Birthday Badge

My baby turned 1 yesterday. I can't believe it.  It was a great day.  We took extra care to make him feel as special as he most surely is.


One thing I've done every year is to create what I call a "birthday badge" for my kids on their birthday.  I like the idea of the birthday shirt but I don't like that it's an entire shirt that you can't wear but one day a year.  No, the birthday badge is a much better solution.

The badge is made from fabric scraps and ric rack.  It has a pin on the back that I can easily attach to his shirt.  My kids love their badges because its makes them feel extra special on their extra special day.


Happy Birthday Little Buddy!




3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And yours is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the singing Cowboy...cute badge. My kids would never wear something like that when they turned one. Would have had a giant hole in their clothes after about 5 minutes. Why are they so OCD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly my kids have never tried to take them off. I think because its fabric they just consider it a fancier part of their clothes. Now a hat? Yeah there's no way I could get them to keep one of those on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...