Monday, November 21, 2011

Create - Ispirational Video

I recently was asked to speak at at Young Women leader training meeting. The main topic I was asked to speak on was how creative doesn't just mean crafty. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to think more about what creativity means.


In my preparation I came across an inspiring video with clips from one of my favorite talks of all time, "Happiness, Your Herritage" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. This talk touches on so many points that are inspiring and encouraging to all women. It should be no surprise though that what touched me the most was the part of his talk about creativity.  This short youtube clip has been done in such a beautiful way.  I watch it over and over again and just feel a surge of empowerment everytime I do.  It makes me want to drop everything and create something of "substance or beauty".

 

I hope that this video and my blog can insipre you to create something that brings you joy.  There is no better feeling than creating "something that did not exist before".  So like he says, "start small" and "Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you", especially if that critic is you.

Create something today.  Because you're amazing and the world is waiting.


1 comment:

  1. I bet you did a great job on your presentation! They made a wise choice. Reading your blog posts always inspires me to be more creative. Thanks! Sometimes I really need the nudge. I appreciate the reminder of that video. He always says it soo well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...