Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ballerina Cupcakes

Maggie finished up her first semester in ballet. There is nothing cuter than a bunch of little 3 year olds dancing their hearts out.  At the end of the semester they had a small program and a little party afterwards.  I knew right away what I wanted to bring.

Ballerina Cupcakes!


I wanted them to be special but I also wanted them to be simple.  I used a box of strawberry cake mix and a jar and a half of strawberry frosting.  Not only were the strawberry cupcakes pink but Southerners love strawberry cupcakes so a win all around.  The easiest way to frost a cupcake is to place it in a piping bag and swirl it up on top.  I then tossed on a few valentines sprinkles and there's your cupcake!

For the topper I used the ballerina dress from the Cricut cartridge Paper Doll Dress Up.  I cut out two dresses for each cupcake.  I taped a mini bamboo skewer to one dress to secure it and then using a glue stick, I sandwiched the skewer with another dress.  Make sense?  Dress, skewer, dress.



This was one happy ballerina!




*** If you are interested in these toppers but are unable to make your own, feel free to send me an e-mail at thecreativevault(at)hotmail(dot)com to inquire about purchasing. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...