Saturday, June 11, 2011

Breaded and Baked Zucchini

Tried a new way to make zucchini and it turned out great.  The baby scarfed down 5 of them and theb3 year old even said, "Nummy!  Nummy!".  That's a first!  (I'll admit I did tell her they were "chips".)


Ingredients:
  • 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds.
  • 1 egg, beaten or 2 TB melted butter
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2-3 TB ranch dressing powder

Directions:
  1. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and ranch powder in bowl.
  2. Dip zucchini slices in egg or butter.
  3. Dip slices into bread crumb mixture.
  4. Spray cookie sheet with pan spray and lay breaded zucchini slices flat.
  5. Bake at about 375 F for about 15-20 minutes, until crumbs are golden brown.
  6. Serve warm.
We ate these with Creamy Tomato and Garlic Pasta but they would also make for a great snack with a dip.

2 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I am putting them on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super good and I would say that I will make some but the only time I ever eat them is when Greg's mom or sister makes them. Adding the ranch sounds interesting though. Maybe I'll have to try it next time. MSG free of charge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...