We wanted the girls to feel as beautiful on the outside as they are on the inside so we decided to make hair accessories. These are super popular right now in stores, plus, the young women have been begging to learn how to make them.
HERE and HERE at my friend Elizabeth's blog, The Moonlit Nest, and also a great one HERE at her friend's blog Sewing in No Man's Land. Those should keep you busy for a while.
As you can see from these pictures, the girls did great on their own! SO gorgeous!
We had on hand the following items. There was lots left over but hopefully the Young Women can find something to do with all of it. If not I sure know I can! Ha ha.
- Clear plastic gems (pack of 1,500 in assorted sizes from Hobby Lobby)
- Buttons (miscellaneous button pack $5.99 at Joann's)
- Plastic pearls (2 packs at 350 pearls per pack from Hobby Lobby)
- Felt in various colors
- Tule in various colors
- Some sort of poly-satin in various colors
- Metal headbands (Purchased from Korean seller on Ebay, excellent price, less than .40 cents each.
- Skinny metal aligator clips (found at Sally's Beauty supply in packs of 100)
- Lots and lots of ribbon (found in ribbon remnant packs you can read more about these packs HERE at my old money saving blog)
Step 2: Wrap ribbon tightly around headband once and secure with more hot glue.
Step 3: Wrap ribbon around one more time but leave a small loop (just enough to slide a clip through. Glue ribbon end to inside of headband and trim off excess ribbon.
|See the loop?|
Now you can just slip in any clip and hair bow that you'd like. The possibilities are endless.
If you missed them, make sure you check out the other crafts in the series
A be sure to come back for the last two days in the series
Thursday - Journals
Friday - Good Deed Tree