Thursday, June 23, 2011

Camp Craft Series: Journals

For camp each year the leaders like the girls to have journals.  Natalie made a basic one (seen below) as an example and let the girls have free rein.  They really made some cute journals.  I really like these journals and use ones like this that I've made in the past as inspiration journals for my clothing design inspirations.






We bought our notebooks online at ebay for 10 cents less than you would pay at the cheapest store.  I cut out the decorative scrapbook paper cut-out using my Cricut.


The girls made these at registration the first day.
Step 1:  Get Journal, camp theme, scrapbook paper and 2 pieces of plain paper.

Step 2:  Cut out plain paper to fit journal cover.

Step 3:  Glue covers, scrapbook paper and camp theme to journal.

Step 4:  Get a set of labels and place wherever you would like inside your journal.

Step 5:  Write in journal often.  If you want you can add decoration to journal during craft time.


We're nearing the end of the Camp Craft Series.  If you missed them, be sure to check out





Tomorrow's Tutorial

The Good Deed Tree

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sister Cutts! I love the picture, thanks :) I love vintage fashion (mostly 1940s-50s era) but I have no idea how to incorporate it into my clothing/style. Considering you are the queen of everything creative and amazing, do you have any fashion tips or crafty creations to fit with the theme? Ex: Headbands/scarves, blouses, skirts, accessories....
    ps: I don't like poodle skirts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fist thought is tohave you google images of designer Kenley Collins. She was on Project Runway. The girl basically is the 40's and 50's reincarnated. I would also suggest watching her season of project runway. Almost all of the seasons can be found at casttv.com/shows. I can totally help you recreate anything she wears or designs. The head pieces would be especially easy to do. I do have to warn you though she has a horrible personality so if you watch the show and hate her I'm sorry. :). I really do like her style though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...