Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Dinosaur of a Shag Rug!


For this month's Create With Me over at Ucreate the theme was based off of the shag pillow tutorial at V&Co.  I just had to join in but I didn't want to do a pillow, I wanted a rug! 

Baby Jackson has just one measly decoration for his room, you can see it HERE.  But now he has two!


The rug is made using old t-shirts!  I love a good upcycling project!




How I did it:

I basically used the tutorial at V&Co.  The main difference was that I used a large piece of felt for my base.  I hand drew a dinosaur in the middle and let the lines and illustration guide me on where to go.  For the edges I sewed some "caveman" fabric straight onto the felt.  Super simple but also a bit time consuming.



The best part of this rug is that Baby Jack Jack loves it.  I sat him down on it and he just laughed and laughed.  It must have felt great on his fat little bum.  So worth it.

3 comments:

  1. So cool! I wonder how a princess rug would turn out? Can't to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crown would be so cute but a frog would be trio. You know like the princess and the frog. I can't wait to see what you come up with if you make one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...