A simple, hearty and healthy soup.
This soup is so yummy and the only way I can get vegetables into my 3 year old.
I created this soup for Christmas Eve one year and have been enjoying it ever since. In fact, even though its 100 degrees outside I think I'm going to make a bowl of soup. No amount of temperature can keep me from enjoying a good bowl of soup.
- 1 can cooked chicken breast
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can water
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, small chop
- 1 stick celery, cut in half lengthwise and chopped
- corn from one cob or 1/4 cup kernels
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1-2 Tb. olive oil
- lemon pepper
- cumin powder
- chili powder
- cayenne pepper
- In pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion, garlic, carrot and celery until soft.
- Add tomato. Saute additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, broth, chicken and water. Cook until boiling.
- Add spices according to taste.
- Serve with grated cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips.