Monday, July 11, 2011

Bag, Bag, What's in the Handmade Bag??

So, a few weeks ago we got to attend a wedding of an adorably wonderful couple, Drew and Rachel.

I made them a wedding gift and then realized about an hour before we were supposed to leave, that I didn't have a way to wrap it.  It was just too big and nothing says tacky like Batman Christmas paper and gift bags that say "It's a Boy!".  I was in trouble.

Solution - make your own bag.

 This bag is made from white satin that I had gotten somehow for free and had plenty of.  I created a bag with French Seams and Boxed Corners.  For the tie, I used a piece of ribbon from my stash and sewed it to a small section near the top of the bag to secure it from slipping off.  It was super easy to make and reusable.  Now they can use it to re gift at the next wedding they go to.

 Want to know what's inside???  Well, you'll have to wait until tomorrow's post (no snitching if you know).



Here's a clue with the card I made -


Yeah.  I totally went there.  I was laughing about my "punny card" and my husband just shook his head at me in shame.  I know he was secretly laughing inside but was just too proud to admit it.  He he, pear....  sigh....


Don't forget to come back tomorrow to see the gift and a tutorial on how to make your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...