Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crayon Rolls

One of the best things for a beginner sewer to make are crayon rolls.  They don't take long to make and it's just straight lines.  Super simple.  I first learned how to make them at one of my favorite blogs, Skip To My Lou.  I used her Crayon Roll Tutorial as a starting point and have made a ton of these since.

These were the very first crayon rolls I made.  I fell in love with the fabric.  I got both fabrics from Hobby Lobby.  Eventhough it was a few years ago that I purchased mine, you can still find both fabrics there. 

I love this cowboy one so much I'm thinking of having Baby Jack's first birthday party based off of it.  Still on the fence though...


For these I used ribbon for ties but since then I've been using elastic cord that I loop and sew into one side of the roll.  You can read HERE about where I get my cord.


Isn't this fabric great?  Such a fun fabric especially for travel.


I have a huge stack of fabric cut out for rolls for a project my mom and I are working on but I'll have to show that to you when it's finished.

Currently crayons are banned from our house because someone (cough, cough, Maggie, cough) has had a little problem coloring on well... everything.

So if your child doesn't have a crayon to wall addiction you should totally make some rolls for your kids.  They also make great gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I've been wanting to do this for so long. Love the fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...