Sunday, July 17, 2011

So Grateful Sunday - Katie's Nursery Song Pocket Flip Book

This is Katie.

She's the best.

 I think she might be the Utes biggest fan.
(Sorry, Katie I had to steal your Facebook picture.)

Katie and I have been friends for several years now and my life is so much better because of it.  I've taught all her kids at Church and we served in a Young Women Presidency together.  We've had a lot of good times together.  She's super mom.  Somehow she can handle 4 kids and a husband with a busy doctor's schedule, about a million neighbor kids at any time, and a billion other things and does it all with a smile.  She's so relaxed and just plain cool.  She takes every opportunity that comes her way gladly and because of her enjoy life attitude, she's traveled all over the world and done all kinds of amazing things.  I love to hear about all of her fun adventures.

  She makes me laugh, she's always dependable, she's a great example of a mom, she's held my hand through 3 Twilight movie midnight showings and even putting up with my squeals and constant giggling.  Ha!  Like I said, she's the best.

Recently, Katie has been the nursery (kids 18mo-3 years) song leader at Church.  The kids love her.  Especially my daughter.  Maggie has a hard time with words but songs just speak to her little heart and she loves them.  In nursery Katie has a flip chart that she uses to show the kids which song they are going to sing next.  It's easy for the kids to identify and they love it.

Recently Katie made each child their own pocket flip book.  Maggie has been in heaven and hasn't put hers down!  She flips the pages and sings the songs to herself.  I love to watch her.


Katie took the pictures from her flip book and printed them on photo paper.  On the back she hand wrote the names of the songs.  Finally she punched a hole in the cards and put them on a ring.  I know it had to have taken her some time to do one for each child.  It was a labor of love.


Here are just a few examples of the pictures.  Head, shoulders, knees and toes, If you're happy and you know it, The wise man and the foolish man, and the last one doubles for two - Jesus wants me for a sunbeam & I'm trying to be like Jesus.

If you'd like the words to these songs or music for any other children's songs and hymns you can get them HERE.

We love Katie's gift and will treasure it for a long, long time.  Last week I sadly had to say goodbye to her and her great family as fantastic career opportunities opened up, and the state of Utah has stolen them from us.  Good luck on settling into your new place and know that we miss you!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...